Free podcast featuring new ideas for teaching English as a Foreign Language for summer 2017!
Can you teach an old dog new ELT tricks?
Yes, you can in my case! Here are some of the new lesson ideas that I tried out while working at a language school in the UK this summer. Feel free to try them yourselves – they worked really well for me! If you need any further information about the activities, please contact me here or via Twitter @purlandtraining
Free image courtesy of Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/en/jenga-wooden-blocks-game-play-2558356/
Here is the full list of activities mentioned in the podcast:
- Rank five things in order of importance
- What did you do last night?
- 29% of English words come from French
- Create your own country
- World tour – plan a 25-day trip
- Group quiz with Jenga blocks
- Talent show
- Haiku – writing poems with 3 lines: 5 syllables / 7 syllables / 5 syllables
- Introducing English slang words and phrases
- What to do and say at the airport
- House prices quiz
- Find a thing starting with the letter…
- Create your own bakery (see here: http://purlandtraining.com/2017/07/16/free-podcast-create-your-own-bakery-free-lesson-plan/)
- Is British English better than American English? (see here: http://purlandtraining.com/free-lessons/podcasts/is-british-english-better-than-american-english/)