Here are 12 English idioms about climate change for you to discuss with your class
- a life-and-death situation
- to not be able to get your head around sth (something)
- to be getting out of hand
- to see with your own eyes
- to be running out of time
- to be between a rock and a hard place
- to make sth up
- to be a drop in the ocean
- to be a lot of hot air (about nothing)
- to be a storm in a teacup
- to be not bothered about sth
- to be (a bit) over the top / OTT
Listen to Matt discuss these idioms in this free Facebook Live English class:
Image: Thomas Millot
Learn how to pronounce regular verbs in English with this free mp3 download of the Facebook class from 5th September 2018.
Click below to listen.
Right-click here to download the mp3 file: How to Pronounce Regular Verbs in English (FREE mp3)
The main points from the class were:
- We spend more time in class focusing on irregular verbs that regular verbs
- All regular verbs are spelled with ‘ed’ at the end
- We need to remember how to pronounce this suffix. There are three ways:
- If a verb ends with a t or d sound we pronounce an extra syllable: uhd
- If a verb ends with a vowel sound or a voiced consonant sound we pronounce d
- If a verb ends with an unvoiced consonant sound we pronounce t
- It’s important not to mix up d and t. If you do, you can end up with a different word, e.g. played > plate, which can result in miscommunication
You can watch the video here.
Download the FREE Big Grammar Book 2, which is mentioned in the class, here.
Why not join us for our next free live class on Facebook? Subscribe to our page to get all the latest information!
Watch our latest free live class about using an object in a discussion class:
Join me tonight for a free English class live on Facebook – on the following topic:
Using an Object for Discussion Practice in an English or ESOL Class
Sign up here!
Download the free materials here:
Ideas for a Fun Discussion Class – FREE Worksheet
Join us Live on Facebook on the Purland Training channel from 20:15 CEST (Warsaw time).
Hope to see you there! Any questions? You can contact me here.
Watch this fabulous video from linguamarina to learn 25 really useful idioms in English, like:
- best of both worlds
- blessing in disguise
- can’t judge a book by its cover
- in the heat of the moment
…and many more!
You can find more from Marina on:
We’ll be discussing future forms in English, in particular Future Simple and Future Continuous.
Level: Pre-Intermediate to Intermediate. All welcome!
Place: Find this free live English class on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1109462655845613/
Date: Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Time: 20.00 CET
Hope to see you there! Any questions? Contact us here.