Discussion Questions for English Classes
Discuss the following questions with a partner or small group:
- Tell me about the seasons in your country. How do the countryside, weather, and climate change throughout the year? How do you have to change the way you live?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in the countryside, compared to living in the city? Which way of life do you prefer?
- Do you like to visit the countryside? What do you do? Have you ever… a) camped in the open air, b) been fishing in a river, c) swum in the sea, d) skated on a frozen lake, e) climbed a rock face or mountain, f) ridden a horse, g) cycled a forest trail, h) gone for a ten mile hike?
- What dangers can be found in the countryside? Have you ever experienced any of them?
- Do you have a garden or an allotment? If yes, how much time do you spend there? What plants and / or vegetables do you grow? Would you like to become self-sufficient and live off only what you grow? Why? / Why not?
- What things should we do when we visit the countryside, and what things shouldn’t we do? Why? / Why not?
- Do you have national parks in your country? Tell me about them. Why do some countries have national parks?
- How can we protect our natural environment? Is it important to do so? Why? Why not?
Download the FREE book here! Discussion Questions for English Classes by Matt Purland