Discussion Questions for English Classes
Discuss the following questions with a partner or small group:
- What is your favourite sport… a) to play, b) to watch? Why? What is the most boring sport…
a) to play, b) to watch? Why?
- Which sport would you most like to try? Why? Which sport would you never try? Why not?
- What is… a) the most dangerous sport, b) the safest sport?
- Do you go out to watch live sport regularly? Why? Where do you go? How often? Describe the last live sporting event that you watched.
- Do you think that professional sportsmen and women should have a cap (limit) on their wages? Why? / Why not?
- Describe the rules of your favourite sport and how to play it.
- Why don’t more young people play sport? Should it be compulsory in schools? Why? / Why not?
- Invent your own sport! Think about: a) name, b) how to play (aim), c) location, d) rules,
e) no. of players, f) equipment used, g) kit, h) competitions and trophies, i) why people play it.
Download the FREE book here! Discussion Questions for English Classes by Matt Purland