Discussion Questions for English Classes
Discuss the following questions with a partner or small group:
1. Think of ten different crimes and make a table like the one below:
2. Which crime(s) are you most afraid of? Why? What can society do to fight crime?
3. Would capital punishment solve the problem of prison overcrowding? Why? / Why not?
4. Have you or a friend / family member ever been a victim of crime? What happened? How did you / they feel? Was justice done in the end?
5. Which activities are illegal in your country but legal in other countries?
6. How should society help victims of crime?
7. Do you enjoy watching TV programmes and films about crime, or reading books about crime? Which ones? Why is crime such a popular subject for entertainment? Should it be?
8. What would you do if you were accused, tried, found guilty, and sent to prison for a crime that you didn’t commit?
Download the FREE book here! Discussion Questions for English Classes by Matt Purland