FREE Class on Facebook Live + FREE Worksheet Pack!
Wednesday 3rd October – 20:15 CEST
Click below to sign up now!
We’ll be discussing the following material:
Direct download: https://purlandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/40-famous-people-from-the-bible-discussion-words-complete-pack.pdf
ESOL Discussion Activities – 40 People from the Bible
FREE English Class on Facebook!
Wednesday 19th September at 20:15 CEST.
Learn about glottal stops in English with Matt Purland.
Sign up for our free live class on Facebook now!
Click the link below:
From make up your mind to out of sight is out of mind, there are lots of English idioms with the word ‘mind’.
We will explore ten of them in a free Facebook Live class tonight (12.09.18). Click the link below to sign up for this free class:
Here is the presentation that we will use during the class:
Learn how to pronounce regular verbs in English with this free mp3 download of the Facebook class from 5th September 2018.
Click below to listen.
Right-click here to download the mp3 file: How to Pronounce Regular Verbs in English (FREE mp3)
The main points from the class were:
- We spend more time in class focusing on irregular verbs that regular verbs
- All regular verbs are spelled with ‘ed’ at the end
- We need to remember how to pronounce this suffix. There are three ways:
- If a verb ends with a t or d sound we pronounce an extra syllable: uhd
- If a verb ends with a vowel sound or a voiced consonant sound we pronounce d
- If a verb ends with an unvoiced consonant sound we pronounce t
- It’s important not to mix up d and t. If you do, you can end up with a different word, e.g. played > plate, which can result in miscommunication
You can watch the video here.
Download the FREE Big Grammar Book 2, which is mentioned in the class, here.
Why not join us for our next free live class on Facebook? Subscribe to our page to get all the latest information!
FREE Worksheet! Jesus said… Word Chain 1 – Grammar – Alphabet
Study the Holy Bible and improve your English at the same time with this free printable worksheet from PurlandTraining.com.
In this worksheet we’re focusing on a well-known saying of Jesus. The key skill practised is: grammar. The lesson topic is: alphabet. Full answers are included.
Note: this free worksheet is in the public domain, so you are welcome to download, copy, print, and share it. You can even sell it – e.g. in digital or print form – and keep all of the profits! Enjoy!
You can download the worksheet below, or click the direct download link:
FREE Worksheet! Jesus said... Word Chain 1 - Grammar - Alphabet
Image: John Gibbons