NEW Free Class on Facebook: Formal and Informal Writing
You are welcome to join me for this free English class on Facebook Live!
We’ll be discussing the features of formal and informal writing in English, while using examples of writing based on the Bible stories of Joseph and Rhoda. All welcome!
How to Use Present Perfect (Video Class)
Find out how to use present perfect in English, and why we use it with this fabulous video from Emma Jakobi at mmmEnglish. Check out her website here. It’s delicious!
If you would like to learn more, why not check out the Purland Training guide to present perfect and present perfect continuous!
Here are 12 English idioms about climate change for you to discuss with your class
- a life-and-death situation
- to not be able to get your head around sth (something)
- to be getting out of hand
- to see with your own eyes
- to be running out of time
- to be between a rock and a hard place
- to make sth up
- to be a drop in the ocean
- to be a lot of hot air (about nothing)
- to be a storm in a teacup
- to be not bothered about sth
- to be (a bit) over the top / OTT
Listen to Matt discuss these idioms in this free Facebook Live English class:
Image: Thomas Millot
Watch this fabulous video from linguamarina to learn 25 really useful idioms in English, like:
- best of both worlds
- blessing in disguise
- can’t judge a book by its cover
- in the heat of the moment
…and many more!
You can find more from Marina on:
This is a great video if you want to learn the basics of the English language in just 30 minutes!
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Thanks to Alisha at EnglishClass101.com! Check out their website here and find them on social media:
Free LIVE English Class on YouTube – Helpful Notices
Join us live as we talk about the topic of Englishness and look at some of the helpful – yet passive-aggressive – notices that English people so love to put up.
Click here to subscribe to the Purland Training channel on YouTube!
Watch this video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-jmoQ7E9o&t=2092s