10 Most Common Grammar Mistakes English Learners Make
In this fab video from mmmEnglish we learn about the 10 most common grammar mistakes that English learners make. How many of them have you corrected?
A Tour of 17 Different British Accents by Region [Video]
Join Siobhan Thompson from Anglophenia for a FREE video lesson, as she gives us an hilarious tour of the accents of the British Isles – and the celebrities who use them!
Her accents include:
- Received Pronunciation / RP (BBC English)
- West Country
- Southern Welsh
- West Midlands
…and many more!
How to Improve your Reading Skills
Follow these great tips from British Council Learn English and improve your reading skills today!
- Read as often as possible
- Read things you’re interested in
- Practice scanning for specific information
Watch the video below to find out more!
NEW Free Class on Facebook: Formal and Informal Writing
You are welcome to join me for this free English class on Facebook Live!
We’ll be discussing the features of formal and informal writing in English, while using examples of writing based on the Bible stories of Joseph and Rhoda. All welcome!
How to Use Present Perfect (Video Class)
Find out how to use present perfect in English, and why we use it with this fabulous video from Emma Jakobi at mmmEnglish. Check out her website here. It’s delicious!
If you would like to learn more, why not check out the Purland Training guide to present perfect and present perfect continuous!
Here are 12 English idioms about climate change for you to discuss with your class
- a life-and-death situation
- to not be able to get your head around sth (something)
- to be getting out of hand
- to see with your own eyes
- to be running out of time
- to be between a rock and a hard place
- to make sth up
- to be a drop in the ocean
- to be a lot of hot air (about nothing)
- to be a storm in a teacup
- to be not bothered about sth
- to be (a bit) over the top / OTT
Listen to Matt discuss these idioms in this free Facebook Live English class:
Image: Thomas Millot
Watch this fabulous video from linguamarina to learn 25 really useful idioms in English, like:
- best of both worlds
- blessing in disguise
- can’t judge a book by its cover
- in the heat of the moment
…and many more!
You can find more from Marina on: