Learn how to pronounce regular verbs in English with this free mp3 download of the Facebook class from 5th September 2018.
Click below to listen.
Right-click here to download the mp3 file: How to Pronounce Regular Verbs in English (FREE mp3)
The main points from the class were:
- We spend more time in class focusing on irregular verbs that regular verbs
- All regular verbs are spelled with ‘ed’ at the end
- We need to remember how to pronounce this suffix. There are three ways:
- If a verb ends with a t or d sound we pronounce an extra syllable: uhd
- If a verb ends with a vowel sound or a voiced consonant sound we pronounce d
- If a verb ends with an unvoiced consonant sound we pronounce t
- It’s important not to mix up d and t. If you do, you can end up with a different word, e.g. played > plate, which can result in miscommunication
You can watch the video here.
Download the FREE Big Grammar Book 2, which is mentioned in the class, here.
Why not join us for our next free live class on Facebook? Subscribe to our page to get all the latest information!
startled: slightly shocked or frightened because of a sudden surprise
😱 Learn lots more advanced #vocabulary with my FREE weekly email lessons! If you’re interested, you can sign up here: https://t.co/t28EF2iPlB 😱#LearnEnglish #engelsk #English pic.twitter.com/ZJMcDBXeot
— Next Step English (@NextStepEnglish) June 27, 2018