1. The Roller Coaster Ride:
- Watch the 30-second video a few times.
- a) Write down the first words that come into your mind as you watch it.
b) Write down a synonym for each word (where possible).
- Discuss the following questions with a partner or small group:
• What is happening?
• Who is in the video?
• What is their relationship?
• Where are they?
• Why are they there?
• When did they get there?
• How far have they travelled?
• What happened just before this moment?
• What will happen five minutes later?
• Have you ever had such an experience? When?
• How did you feel at that time?
• How do you feel looking back?
(Remember, there are no wrong answers!)
4. Write quick (spontaneous) answers to the following questions:
A (blonde, on the left) and B (brunette) – give them names: A ______; B ______.
- Now read the following information and complete the gaps:
This is the last time these two women ever met. Why?
______ knows a devastating secret about ______, that even she does not know. What is it?
______’s father is a famous ______ who fought in ______ .
______’s mother worked for ______’s cousin as a ______ until ______, when ______.
______ was kicked out of university because of ______.
A few days ago ______ there was an unpleasant moment when ______.
______ has always felt she would never be able to ______.
______ is not willing to try to ______.
- Now answer the questions again in the light of what you have decided:
- It’s two years later. Now write a letter from one of the women to the other woman’s husband.
Video courtesy: https://videos.pexels.com/videos/roller-coaster-852415