Doctors in many countries say that people do not do enough physical exercise. What are the causes of this trend? How can the situation be improved? THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE WRITING (1) This essay requires you to write about some causes and some ways (solutions) to deal with those causes. Aim for two causes and […]
#English #ELT #ESOL #ESL #EFL #TESOL #Language #LearnEnglish #EnglishLesson #StudyEnglish #IELTS #Essays #Writing #Exercise
Brian Mattison’s Spoken English Classes #2 – London (Level: B1)
Hi there! Take a weekend break in London with my FREE online speaking and listening class! Here are a few tips:
- Click on the first play button below.
- Say your answer out loud, then click the next one when you are ready. Try to give as full an answer as possible.
- Replay the questions as many times as you need to.
- Get a teacher or friend to listen to your ‘conversation’ and give you feedback.
- Try to listen and answer all of the questions, before reading the transcript.
- Practice as often as you like – wherever you are!
- Please leave your comments below – and share this page if you like it!
Full Transcript #2 – London:
- Hi, it’s Brian Mattison again. I would like you to imagine a long weekend in London. By the way, if I ask you a yes / no question, you should answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’, but then add further information. Is that OK?
- Great. Then let’s begin this one. Have you ever been to London?
- I heard you’re planning a long weekend in London? Who are you going with?
- What would you like to do there? What are some of the most famous attractions in London
- Imagine you’re riding the London Eye. How do you feel, so high in the sky? What can you see there? [This video might help.]
- Wow! It must be a really incredible view. Hey, where have you booked to stay during the weekend? Describe your choice of accommodation in London.
- Nice! What did you buy when you went shopping on Oxford Street and around Covent Garden area?
- Do you want to take in a show tonight? What do you fancy seeing?
- How was it?
- That sounds undeniably interesting. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday morning in London?
- Did you walk to Buckingham Palace to see where the Queen lives? What is your opinion about the British Royal Family?
- Did you take a boat trip on the river? Describe what you could see as you sailed down the Thames.
- Was there anything you didn’t like about your trip to London?
- It’s time to go home now. What are you final impressions of London? Did you enjoy your visit? What were the highlights for you?
- Mega! You know what – I forgot to ask you – what did you eat while you were in London? Did you enjoy British cuisine?
- Well – that’s all for this class. I think you’ve done really, really well! Maybe you’ll want to try one of my other classes here on PurlandTraining.com.