Are you English? Find out with our fun podcast and worksheets!
You can get involved with our classes live on YouTube and join our free course at Google Classroom!
We discuss the free quiz worksheet ‘Are You English? – Quiz 1, which is available our new free online course using Google Classroom. You can join the course by signing into the classroom at http://classroom.google.com
Then click Join Class and enter the following code: kdn9f6
Click Join and you are in! Don’t forget to tell your friends and colleagues!
You can watch the lesson on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYxoUQUaqw&t=182s
Have you ever wondered why some people deal with certain tasks with a lot more ease compared to the others?
Let’s say, there’s a drawing technique a group of students needs to learn. They’ve all gotten the same instructions and materials. But in the end, some perform much better than the rest of the group.
What’s their secret?
The thing is that it’s not about the special skills, or mysterious tricks some of the students used. The reason why certain people get much better results under the same circumstances is that all of them have different learning styles.
If you like this podcast, please subscribe and leave a message on iTunes. Thanks! 😀
The signs and notices at the airport were:
3. bag drop.
4. special assistance.
5. trolley return.
6. international arrivals.
9. shops and restaurants
10. reserved seating
11. customer service
12. welcome to Stansted Airport
13. fast track
14. valet reception
15. train departures
16. organic coffee
17. do not enter
19. taxi booking desk
1. How many countries make up Great Britain and what are they?
2. What is the capital city of Northern Ireland?
3. What type of government does the UK have?
4. In which year were Great Britain and Ireland joined in a legislative union?
5. What is the highest point in the UK?
6. In which continent is the UK situated?
7. Who is the patron saint of Scotland and on which day is he remembered?
8. True or false – the UK is a member of the European Single Currency?
9. What do the initials NUT stand for?
10. Name the two Houses of Parliament.
11. Who is heir to the throne in the UK?
12. At what age can people vote in the UK?
13. How many vehicles does the M1 carry per week?
14. What is the national flower of Wales?
15. Draw the symbol for Pounds Sterling.
16. What is the London Underground also known as?
17. At what address does the Prime Minister of the UK usually live?
18. What colour are double-decker buses in London?
19. Which UK city has the nickname ‘Brum’?
20. What is the maximum speed limit when driving on motorways in the UK?
Source: Big Resource Book, by Matt Purland