Join me for a fun vocabulary challenge on the topic of transport! Please subscribe and leave a comment if you like this podcast! Find out more: http://purlandtraining.com/free-lessons/podcasts/
You are welcome to join me for this short listening quiz where we practise word order in English. Clue: SVOPT! Find out more: http://purlandtraining.com/free-lessons/podcasts/ Please subscribe and leave a message – thank you!
1. How many countries make up Great Britain and what are they?
2. What is the capital city of Northern Ireland?
3. What type of government does the UK have?
4. In which year were Great Britain and Ireland joined in a legislative union?
5. What is the highest point in the UK?
6. In which continent is the UK situated?
7. Who is the patron saint of Scotland and on which day is he remembered?
8. True or false – the UK is a member of the European Single Currency?
9. What do the initials NUT stand for?
10. Name the two Houses of Parliament.
11. Who is heir to the throne in the UK?
12. At what age can people vote in the UK?
13. How many vehicles does the M1 carry per week?
14. What is the national flower of Wales?
15. Draw the symbol for Pounds Sterling.
16. What is the London Underground also known as?
17. At what address does the Prime Minister of the UK usually live?
18. What colour are double-decker buses in London?
19. Which UK city has the nickname ‘Brum’?
20. What is the maximum speed limit when driving on motorways in the UK?
Source: Big Resource Book, by Matt Purland